Serenity Homes Guiding Principles
Serenity Homes promotes safety, security, serenity and sobriety for each of our residents. Our program provides our residents adequate structure and accountability with enough freedom to live their own lives. The majority of our residents work full-time jobs while meeting the expectations of the Serenity Homes program. These principles are in place to ensure that our residents have more than enough support to flourish in their recovery. Our residents are required to comply with the following rules and expectations:
- Total abstinence from alcohol and drugs.
- Alcohol and drug testing will be performed randomly if necessary.
- Pornography and gambling is prohibited.
- Keep room tidy as well as complete an assigned weekly chore.
- Comply to curfews (11pm Sun-Thurs / 12am Fri-Sat).
- May take weekend passes with 24-hour notice to resident manager.
- No overnight guests.
- Attend mandatory weekly internal Spirituality Meetings on Sunday evenings at 6:00pm and Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm.
- Attend at least two external meetings per week.
- Have a mentor with whom regular meetings are held.
- Be employed on either a full-time or part-time basis starting no later than 2 weeks after becoming a resident of the house.
- Responsible to pay rent in the amount of $550 on the 1st of every month, plus pay a $200 one time deposit upon move in.