Serenity Homes Guiding Principles
Serenity Homes promotes safety, security, serenity and sobriety for each of our residents. Our program provides our residents adequate structure and accountability with enough freedom to live their own lives. The majority of our residents work full-time jobs while meeting the expectations of the Serenity Homes program. These principles are in place to ensure that our residents have more than enough support to flourish in their recovery. Our residents are required to comply with the following rules and expectations:
- Total abstinence from alcohol, drugs, narcotic medications, mood altering substances is mandatory.
- Attendance is required at Sunday night Church Service, Monday night AA Meeting, Tuesday night Life Recovery Meeting and a Wednesday night 12 Step Meeting.
- Responsible to pay rent in the amount of $550/mo and a one time security deposit of $200 (total $750) AT TIME OF MOVE-IN. If attending NuWay outpatient, the deposit will still be due at the time of move-in.
- You will be responsible for purchasing your own food and cooking your own meals.
- Comply with curfews (11:00 pm Sunday-Thursday and 12:00 midnight on Friday and Saturdays)
- Weekend passes are allowed with approval after the first two weekends of residency. Passes require 24 hour advance approval and are only allowed on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Overnight guests are not allowed at the house at any time. Immediate family may visit the house but must remain in the common areas and be off the premises by 9:00 pm.
- Random alcohol and drug testing will be performed as necessary.
- Pornography and any form of gambling is prohibited.
- Keeping your room clean and completing an assigned house chore.
- If not attending NuWay outpatient, employment is mandatory within 30 days of moving in to the house.
- Have a Sponsor with whom regular meetings are held.